8.31.2011

Dos Batos

Who knew an evening froyo run could lead to finding a yummy taco place?

I know this is a random post dedicated to a taco joint. But I thought the taco was good enough to deserve a shout out. Also, for some reason, I've just been craving tacos! That night in particular, I was especially susceptible since in my attempt to eat less junk, I didn't eat nearly enough to satisfy.

Anyway, the place is called Dos Batos.  I thought it was closed at first since it was a large space that was empty of customers. Inside was cool mural with a ninja in a desert filled with cacti and a guy with a "Mexican hombre"look in front of pretty pink sakura trees.  This guy has a picture of it on his flickr. On the other side was this giant blackboard that spanned the width of the wall. It had some amusing drawings describing what was on the menu, including a very well blackboard drawn bottle of "Mexicoke". Haha! On top of all their sterile white tables were vases with REAL flowers in orange and yellows. This was the most awesome part because there were a lot of tables, yet they thought it was important enough to spend for real flowers! :)

But enough of that, I should describe their food!  Well, the tacos are all wood-fired, which definitely added this delicious smokiness to the food. I ordered the pirata, and just the thought of it right now is making me crave the uber-juicy sirloin steak.  Hmm... I think this probably means that it's time to find a legitimate dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment