9.07.2011

Kolache!!

Today, I discovered the amazingness of kolaches!

My part time job had a board meeting today. When they finished, my boss came up to inform me that there were kolaches in the break room, in case I got hungry. Up until then, I had never heard of that word before. So of course, with a very confused look on my face, I said, "kolaches?" She thought my confusion was due to a curiosity of why there were kolaches available to be eaten and began to explain the breakfast meeting. However, still confused after her explanation, I sheepishly asked, "Umm... but, what are kolaches?"

It was explained that they are apparently a tex mex type of pastry, which is why I had never heard of them before. And I'm pretty sure many of my friends back home have no idea. At first when she described them, I thought they were more of a danish. But when I said this out loud, she said, "Well, sort of like a danish," but not very convincingly.

So, being very curious and hungry, I went over and heated one of these mysterious pastries.

They were amazing! Of course, I didn't have breakfast. But I got one with ham, cheese and jalapeno and I  loved it! If you are into yummy bread and savory meat... or even if you're into yummy bread and sweet fillings, you'll love it too (since it comes in that form as well)!  Too bad I didn't take a picture, but here's one I found on google image search.

Okay. The end.

2 comments: