9.14.2011

The Triangle

Today was one of those days when I had every intention of relaxing at home after a long day and lack of sleep, yet somehow, it felt like the last thing I wanted to do. Heaven knows why because last night I ended up falling asleep late and then not really sleeping well at all. This is mostly due to my new routine of waking up at 6:30 in the morning to do my part time job.

So, I found myself pondering of a fun new thing I could try out tonight. I decided on checking out one of the open mics at Kick Butt Cafe. That place brings a twinge of nostalgia since my sister did a gig at each venue back in March and I was absolutely missing her! Now the quandary was whether it should be the comedy or music open mic. Well, as hilarious as watching amateur comedians can be, I did not feel like going all the way to the location by Airport Blvd, since it'd pretty far from me. So, music open mic it was, which meant going to the KB at The Triangle.

I got a kick out of this image I found when image searching triangle!
Now, The Triangle is this pretty nifty place in Austin where Lamar and Guadalupe meet to form the tip part of the Triangle and 45th street is the bottom. It is full of fun little restaurants and cafes where you can relax with good eats and beer. It also has a nice green lawn that adds to the charm of the place. I am very envious of those who own lofts there and are able to be a stone's throw away from these areas. The atmosphere of the area is also more yuppy-ish, which I kind of life simply because it reminds me a bit of certain areas at home, and I am definitely a little homesick.

the actual Triangle
Anyway, the open mic was.. okay. Honestly, those things are always a hit or miss depending on the artists that play. I was not there for most of it since dinner was first priority and KB did not have quite what my stomach was looking for. Then, when we arrived, the artist performing was way too.... out there. haha My friends were debating whether it could be construed as new age. I just thought it was funny, but not necessarily in a "I'd like to hear more" kind of way.

However, I have enjoyed my evening and thought I'd just share this little tidbit.



No comments:

Post a Comment